Why Book a trip with David Johnson?
David Johnson's guide service is fully licensed and insured to guide both inland and Ocean excursions.
Our mission is to deliver the best possible fishing and outdoor experience, using the finest equipment in the most beautiful settings. Your Satisfaction is guaranteed.
Many companies have turned to David Johnson's Guide Service to thank or entertain their clients and for good reason. They leave impressed!
David is also a teaching guide, proud to answer questions about his advanced fishing techniques.
If you have larger groups no problem, we can handle groups of 20+ people by booking several other hard working and competent guides that David works closely with.
One of our specialties is drift boat trips down scenic rivers using cutting edge techniques for prized Salmon and Steelhead. You will enjoy yourself on this intimate outdoor experience. Beautiful scenery, wildlife, spectacular fish.
- Fully Licensed & Insured for Inland and Ocean Excursions.
- U.S. Coast Guard Inland Master; Near Coastal O.U.P. V License
- 50% Deposit Required to Hold Your Date. Two Week Cancellation Required.
- I Reserve the Right to Reschedule the Trip Due to Poor Conditions. Your Deposit Can Only Be Refunded if We're Unable to Reschedule Your Trip.
- Jet Sleds for one to five people
- Drift Boats for two to three people
- Accommodations for larger groups available
Our trips are $225.00 with a $100.00 deposit per person on all our Oregon and Washington fishing adventures
Visa and Mastercard both accepted
A 50% deposit is required to hold your date.
We require a two week notice of cancellation.
Without two week notice, you will be charged for original seats booked, regardless if they don’t all show up.
Book Early- Although there’s always a chance of getting an opening, dates tend to fill up early so it’s always best to book at least two months in advance, especially if you're looking for specific dates or a block of multiple days / boats .
Gift Certificates- Great for Christmas, birthdays or special occasions. For gift certificates we prefer to book in groups of two or more as it’s sometimes hard to place singles.
What you'll need to bring?
When going on a trip with David Johnson’s Guide Service the three most important things to bring are LICENSE, LUNCH AND RAINGEAR
- License - With advance notice, we can get a one day licenses for you for $12 but we need to know at least a week before your trip. Licenses can be purchased at sporting goods stores, Fred Meyers and Bi Mart. Make sure the clerk gives you the catch record card with you license. (Sometimes the person behind the counter doesn’t know what you need)
- Food - It’s best to keep it simple and avoid messy or greasy meals. You’ll probably be too busy fishing for lunch anyway and the fish tend to shy away from greasy or strong smelling foods on you fingers.
- Water Proof Clothing - It’s a good idea to have water proof shoes/boots and dress in layers. Even if the forecast is for nice, warm weather it can often be very chilly on the water with a combination of wind and cold water.
Also, dress in lots of layers, you can always take off a layer if it warms up. The wind almost always blows, especially while fishing the Columbia River or one of the bays. Dress for a wind chill of 30 mph and know that the wind will be blowing across water that can be in the 40’s or 50’s. I usually start my day wearing a sweat shirt, fleece, coat and raingear.
With wind comes spray. Even if there’s no rain in the forecast you will need rain gear, both top and bottom. Speaking of forecasts, the coast is usually ten to fifteen degrees colder than Portland.
Waders - For some steelhead fishing you will need waders so ask if you have a winter steelhead trip booked.